Property Tax Appeals

Yes. First, you are encouraged to contact the Assessor’s Office for an informal review to discuss the basis for the new values and to provide any information relating to the value of the property. Differences over the valuation of property that cannot be resolved by discussion with the Assessor’s Office are handled by the Assessment Appeals Board. For more information, see Appeals or contact the County of San Bernardino Clerk of the Board at (909) 387-4413.

If you disagree with the value assessed once you receive your tax bill from the County Tax Collector, read the back side of the tax bill for your appeal rights. If you filed your property statement, contact our office for an informal review of the assessment. If the assessment made for failure to file your property statement, then you must file an appeal. R &T 1603